We admit it: We’re suckers for a neat, perfectly organized space. That’s why we love Joyce Beers, a licensed home organizer with NEAT Method in Naples, who is always a ready source of enviable spaces, pantries, closets and more. Here, we tapped her inspirational, type-A expertise on how to make your home a comfortable haven for guests. (Don’t be surprised when they never want to leave!)
As Floridians, we often find ourselves the host to our friends and family in need of a break from the weather up north. It can be overwhelming and stressful to add a few people to your living space. But with a little planning and organization, you can master the art of host or hostess and enjoy your vacation time spent together! As a luxury professional organizer, I know a thing or two about putting your home in order, so I put together a few tips for you to help you with your visitors this season. —Joyce Beers, NEAT Method, Naples
- Stock up the pantry. Ask your guests before they arrive what their favorite snacks and drinks are. You may plan out the meals, but it’s nice to have some grab-and-go snacks for your guests to help themselves to whenever they feel hungry. Be sure to have clear labels on your bins and containers, especially for guests with special dietary needs. Have plenty of bottles of water handy.
- Clean out the guest bedroom closets and dresser drawers. Give your guests space to unpack their clothes and belongings. This will make them feel more relaxed and welcomed. Leave hangers in the closets, and give them an iron or steamer, as well, so that they may freshen their garments before wearing them.
- Have a hamper in the room. This mostly applies to extended-stay guests, but it is a nice touch for any guests. This can keep them from feeling like they are constantly repacking their soiled clothing.
- Provide plenty of robe hooks on doors for wet towels and robes, especially if the bathroom is being shared by two or more guests.
- Have extra towels and bed linens accessible either in their bedrooms or bathroom, or clearly label your linen closet. This will allow your guests the freedom to change to fresh linen as they would like.
- Provide a mirror in each bedroom, as well as in the bathrooms. Often, multiple guests are preparing to go out in the mornings or evenings, and this gives some flexibility while bathrooms are occupied.
- Stock the bathroom with commonly used products such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, sunscreen, aloe, deodorant, lotion, cotton balls, Q tips, a garment mending kit, etc. Travel size works well for these items.
Joyce Beers of NEAT Method turns chaos into tidy, clutter-free perfection all around Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers, Marco Island and everywhere in between. Need help with home organization, unpacking and setup in a new home, or space planning and arrangement? Contact her at (239) 777-8317 or email@example.com.